See the following listings for volunteer and job options in veterinary medicine.
Interested in listing an opportunity?
AVMA Volunteer Opportunities
WVLDI Executive Assistant
REPORTS TO: WVLDI Executive Committee
NUMBER OF DIRECT REPORTS (List Titles): 0
PART-TIME: 15-20 hours per week
- Initial orientation period of 12 weeks: 20 hours per week.
- Agreement extended for additional 40 weeks: 15 hours per week
- After 52 weeks, arrangement is reviewed, including hours required, and an additional one-year period is agreed upon.
- Percent of Travel Required: Yes, as needed, less than 5%
- Provides general secretarial/administrative assistance to the WVLDI Board of Directors
- Provides administrative support to the WVLDI Executive Committee and Board of Directors including: responding to and/or forwarding e-mail, and coordinating social media presence.
- Participates in all WVLDI meetings and various project assignments as needed
- Working with the Board, ensures membership and volunteer services are robust and responsive to meet the diverse needs of the membership.
- Develops and implements programs and policies designed to enhance member recruitment and retention while providing the highest level of customer service.
- Oversees the WVLDI membership database and ensures the database is accurate and up-to-date.
- Maintains familiarity with all areas of WVLDI activities and responsibilities.
- Maintains central calendar of events/activities
- Maintains central library of materials for WVLDI resources such as meeting agendas, entity meeting minutes, proceedings and other print and audiovisual materials associated with meetings germane to WVLDI-supported topics, travel/leave schedules, and other WVLDI information resources as needed.
- Assists with the preparation, distribution, and archiving of WVLDI reports as needed.
- Keeping and distributing meeting minutes.
- Creating and maintaining a system for tracking speaking engagements of board members.
- Other duties as assigned – in general, this scope attempts to define the regular, expected activities of the executive assistant.
- WVLDI expects the EA to perform a variety of general, minor activities not specifically defined herein.
- The Executive Committee of WVLDI will conduct an annual review of services with continuation subject to review.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3 years minimum of administrative experience required, not-for profit association experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, both written and verbal
- Must be proficient in Windows applications, spreadsheets and databases, as well as Google drive and associated programs, and social media.
- Must have excellent organizational skills and ability to handle a variety of responsibilities and tasks.
- Must be detail orientated and have the ability to handle confidential information.
- Must be able to work independently, and as a part of the team
- Professional with excellent customer service and telephone skills
- Self-starter/assertive and dependable
- Ability to handle overlapping tasks/deadlines
- Must be adaptable to changing work responsibilities and priorities
- HS Diploma required, some college preferred
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Interested in getting involved with WVLDI?
There may be many areas available: board service, social media contribution, student outreach, speakers bureau, fundraisers, sponsorships, and mentorships.
So if you have an interest in getting involved with WVLDI, please contact us using our form, and let us know what you are interested in and what immediate skills you can bring to the table!
Donate to Women’s Veterinary Leadership Development Initiative
Thank you for your support! The Women’s Veterinary Leadership Development Initiative is an official 501c3 organization. Voluntary contributions enable us to allocate our resources most efficiently, where they will do the greatest possible good in helping to promote women into leadership roles in veterinary medicine.